The McKinney National Airport will hold two public open houses in August to discuss alternative categories within the airport’s master plan update including several key airfield features listed:
- The airport’s ability to meet FAA safety, design, and geometry standards associated with the runway/taxiway system.
- Capacity improvements such as the potential layout of a runway extension, parallel runway, and associated land acquisition.
- Landside facility enhancements associated with the terminal area, aircraft parking aprons, and future hangar development.
The airport’s master plan study aims to produce an efficient and environmentally conscious development plan to sustain healthy growth and service during the next 20 years.
Wednesday, Aug. 9
5:30—7 p.m., Dulaney Room, Roy & Helen Hall Memorial Library, 101 E. Hunt St., McKinney
Thursday, Aug. 10
5:30—7 p.m., Ruschhaupt room, McKinney Performing Arts Center, 111 N. Tennessee St.
A Technical Advisory Committee made up of airport tenants and users, as well as a Planning Advisory Committee appointed by City Council, are providing strategic input during the master plan update process. The next committee meetings will be:
- Technical Advisory Committee: 9—11 a.m., Wednesday, Aug. 9, Dulaney Room, Roy & Helen Hall Memorial Library, 101 E. Hunt St., McKinney
- Planning Advisory Committee: 9—11 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 10, Noble Hall, McKinney Performing Arts Center, 111 N. Tennessee St.
These meetings will be aired on McKinney TV, the city’s broadcast television station.
McKinney TV is available to Spectrum subscribers on channel 16 and to AT&T U-Verse subscribers on channel 99. Additionally, all programming streams live and is available for archived on demand viewing on the city website, www.mckinneytexas.org/McKinneyTV.
For additional information on McKinney National Airport contact Ken Wiegand at 972-562-4053, Matt Quick with Coffman Associates at (602) 993-6999 or visit www.flytki.com.
McKinney, Texas, is unique by nature. As one of the fastest growing cities in America, McKinney has a current population of more than 162,000. The city was #1 on the list of Best Places to Live in America in 2014, published by Money Magazine. Established in 1848, the city is located 30 miles north of Dallas and is the county seat of Collin County. McKinney offers award-winning schools, a vibrant historic downtown, diverse housing options, a robust economy and a uniquely beautiful natural setting, with rolling hills and lush trees.